Saturday, December 3, 2011

Hand print/ Footprint Calendars

This year, I wanted to make a special Christmas present from the children to their families. We usually take pictures of the kids and attach it to an ornament that they decorate, and send that home. I heard about hand print calendars from a coworker, did some research, and ended up putting this together :)


If I do these again, I would like to add more to them, such as die cut letters for each month, or putting a small background behind the poems. Overall, this was a very time consuming project, but I think they turned out super cute!


To make 11 calendars, it took 300+ pieces of paper, 7 gluesticks, 1 roll of double sided tape, 70 something feet of laminate, 3 weeks of random amounts of spare time, and the total cost was around $40.




January: (ABC tune)
Little penguins black and white
On the ice, what a sight!
See them waddle, see them glide.
Watch them as they slip and slide.
Little penguins black and white
On the ice, what a sight!


February:
I love you; I love you.
That’s what Valentine’s say.
I love you. I love you.
On Valentine’s Day!
March: (I'm a Little Teapot tune)
I’m a little leprechaun!
Can’t you see?
I’m as tiny as I can be.
I only come around
Just once a year.
That’s when
St Patrick’s Day is here!
April: (Up on the Rooftop tune)
First comes a butterfly and lays an egg.
Out comes a caterpillar with many legs.
Oh see the caterpillar spin and spin,
A little chrysalis to sleep in.

Oh, oh ,oh wait and see!
Oh, oh, oh wait and see!
Out of the chrysalis, my oh my,
Out comes a beautiful butterfly!
May:
I hold my fingers
Like a fish,
And wave them
As I go.
See them swimming
With a swish,
So swiftly
To and fro.
June: (Farmer and the Dell tune)
The lobsters live in the sea.
The lobsters live in the sea.
Heigh-ho, they scurry so.
The lobsters live in the sea.
July: (Frere Jacques tune)
Flags are flying, flags are flying
Oh, so high; oh, so high.
Flying for our country,
Red and white and blue,
Flying high, in the sky.
August:
The pitter patter of little feet
Leave behind something dear and sweet
A precious treasure for you to keep
The memories of my little feet.
September:
Down, down, yellow and brown,
Fall the leaves over the ground.
Rake them up in a pile so high,
Until they reach up to the sky.
October:
All around the town tonight,
The ghosts chased their friends.
Everyone had lots of fun,
Boo! It’s pretend!
November:
This isn't just a turkey,
As anyone can see.
I made it with my hand,
Which is part of me.
It comes with lots of love.
Especially to say,
I hope you have a very
Happy Thanksgiving Day!


December:
It’s Christmas time,
Oh what joy.
Santa is coming
Bringing lots of toys.

Christmas trees
So green and tall,
Friends and family
Love for all!

Toodles! :o)

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful - an so much time and dedication!! I would love to do this!

    ReplyDelete