Saturday, October 12, 2013

Learning trays

I have 3 plastic trays that I bought from Ikea for really cheap! I definitely recommend these over any of the plastic ones sold in learning stores, because these are pretty heavy duty and are great for so many different activities including art!!

Scooping and pouring: I filled a small container with water and provided two small cups (laundry soap lids!) to scoop the water and pour into the larger container. 

Surprisingly, the tots did not make too big of a mess! Most of the water stayed on the tray, and it was just water and easy to clean up! This kept them entertained for awhile!

One to one correspondence: I used a 6 spot muffin tin, and had 6 large pompoms. 

Some of my older tots were able to do it with ease (~ 22 months) while some of the younger ones had trouble and put more than one in a spot (~ 19 months)... but it was still good motor practice!

Fine motor: I provided different sizes on small pompoms and their goal was to put them in bottles of different sizes! They loved it!!



No comments:

Post a Comment