Saturday, October 12, 2013

The Class at the End of the Hall: A Toddler Room Layout

So it is mid- October and I'm pretty late in posting my room layout like everybody else did in the beginning of the school year. Plus I changed where almost everything is, BUT here is my room nonetheless! As you will see, our room is decorated from our Luau week, but that's okay- I'm sure you get the point :)

Our playground schedule is posted right by our door and light switch.

Our little cots.

My parent info board. Here, I post our weekly lesson plans, monthly newsletter, daily schedule, parent request and medication forms, a spot for comments/ questions/ suggestions, coupons free to take, and any community events going on!!

We keep important phone numbers and our calendar by our phone.

Little sink and little potty for little tots!

We keep our diapers and wipes on a shelf. The tots are really good about not getting into them :)

Above our changing table, we keep cleaning supplies out of reach!

Also up there we have sunscreen, and more cleaning supplies. We have a neat little basket that hangs under this shelf where we keep our gloves. Our 3 step bottles also hang right here, out of reach!

Our changing station. I keep diaper cream in a plastic shelf thing right next to our changing bed. The shelves below are home to spare diaper storage, spare clothes, etc.

Our teacher info board has the licensing book, and other important info!

Each child has their own cubby for dry snacks. I also keep some toys stored above it.

Below the snack bins is our counter where we prep food, etc. To the left is the teacher cabinet where we keep our stuff. The cabinet below is for storing art supplies.

To the left of the teacher cabinet is where we store class snacks, have the sink, microwave and fridge. The cabinet below is where we store stuff.

Our sensory shelf, across from the table.


Our sensory table.

Overview of the play area

Dramatic play area

Circle time, library, and music area

Other side of the circle time area

CD's and rainbow stacker

Play houses

Block area.

Car area

Weird storage area

Cubbies, hooks, and small toy storage

I love how my small toy are is UP out of reach! Keeps the mess to a minimum :) I found the labels online

View of the cubbies

No comments:

Post a Comment