Saturday, December 28, 2013

Christmas Art

Here are some of the art projects that we did this year! All the following activities were inspired by Pinterest finds, or thought up on my own... aka the awesome Cone Trees :) Unfortunately, my lunch break falls when our art time is scheduled so I'm not able to be there during all the fun! However, I linked up with my wonderful co-worker, Kayla, so you can see more pictures and read more about each project!



These are stockings :) As you can see, we didn't tell the kids where to put their cotton balls or how many they could use. Some used more, others used less. Art is their creativity, and who are we to tell them how to express it? Read more about the process HERE.


These are what I like to call "Picasso Penguins"! I pre-cut all the pieces out and let the tots put them together how they want :) 


These are Christmas light bulbs. I've done this activity in the past, which you can read about HERE


These were supposed to be candy canes. What we WANTED was to marble paint, and have the marbles create pretty red lines, resembling the red and white stripes of a candy cane! Unfortunately we couldn't find our marbles and had to make due with a bumpy sensory ball instead. The results are definitely interesting LOL 



This is one of my more creative ideas!! I got the cones, which are actually reused thread spools, from Arts and Scraps several years ago. I've been saving them to use for this project, and finally have an age group that can do it! You can do anything with these... it is so very open ended ♥ You can read more about the process HERE.

More of our holiday projects will be posted soon, including out gingerbread men and parent gifts!


No comments:

Post a Comment