Saturday, December 28, 2013

Gingerbread Men!

One of my favorite December projects is making gingerbread men! I've done it in the past and everybody who came into my room commented on how good it smelled :) This year, the recipe I used didn't turn out so well! I used a basic cinnamon and applesauce recipe, but it turned out too sticky! I had to add some Elmer's glue to the mix to help hold it together some.



It turned out to be a cheap project... all I had to buy was the applesauce (and I have leftovers, yummmm) and I had the cinnamon from the last time I did the project!


First add your applesauce.


Then add in the cinnamon.


Then stir! All the tots took turns stirring... they LOVED helping!


After it was all stirred together, I balled it up then rolled it out flat.


I provided a couple cookie cutters for the tots to choose from...



And they had lots of fun cookie cuttering!

Now this is where my project took a turn for the worse! Oh no! Since the dough wasn't the right consistency, we had to end our project here (for now). My assistant worked some magic and was able to do the decorating part later on, which you can read about HERE.

So whether you make the dough as a sensory play dough activity like I did, or if you want to turn it into decorating gingerbread men like Kayla did, it is still a very good smelling, fun, awesome project to do this time of year!


You can use buttons, bells and so much more! 



Happy decorating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment